North County DanceArts, Inc. is dedicated to the care and nurturing of the dedicated dance student. Tuition for classes at North County DanceArts, Inc is an annual (school year September through August) tuition policy that may be paid in full at time of student enrollment September through December (CASH or CHECK payments only – an approximate 12% savings and no worries of late fees) or on a monthly installment payment system. Annual tuition is based on a tuition that is amortized over eleven months, each month averaging four weeks.
The NCDA annual tuition is a long-term payment policy. Students electing to pay in monthly installments must continue monthly payments for the remainder of the dance year scheduled payments (September through July).
All online registrations will be automatically set to recurring monthly billing. By registering online, you are giving your full permission for monthly installment payments to be charged to the credit/debit card on file.
All New student accounts registering after April 3rd in studio or online require full payment of remaining contract term or placement on recurring billing with a debit/credit card.
Any student wishing to discontinue dance instruction during the year may do so by notifying North County DanceArts, Inc. in writing in the form of NCDA’s Notice to Terminate Form no less than 30 days prior to the 26th day of any calendar month and before April 3rd (the last quarter of the dance year May-July), thereby releasing the student from further tuition obligations. NCDA does not accept other forms of termination notification like emails, personal letters, telephone calls, etc. other than that stated above. Students shall be responsible for the balance of the annual tuition if discontinuing services in the last quarter (May-July) of our dance year. No exceptions will be made.
Students wishing to terminate instruction between April 4th and July 31st of our dance year MUST notify us termination by submitting the NCDA Early Termination Notice form. Full payment of the balance of the dancer’s contract must be paid in full at time of submission of the Early Termination Notice form to North County DanceArts Inc; no exceptions.
Monthly tuition payments are due on or before the 1st day of each calendar month. A late charge of $15.00 will be assessed after the 10th day of the month against the current tuition due and any previous outstanding balances. NORTH COUNTY DANCEARTS, INC. recognizes that some months will provide the student with five weeks of instruction for the month. These additional days afforded by the calendar year will not be charged as extra classes to the student and will be included in that month’s monthly tuition. However, NORTH COUNTY DANCEARTS, INC. DOES NOT PROVIDE MAKE-UP CLASSES FOR THOSE “EXTRA” CLASSES DUE TO STUDENT NON-ATTENDANCE. North County DanceArts, Inc. does not invoice except in cases where account is delinquent. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, personal check, debit/credit card or students may elect to be placed on an automatic debit/credit card payment system thereby eliminating worry of late fees. For those students opting for the automatic payment plan, a fee of $20.00 per incident will be charged to student’s account for reasons such as insufficient funds or credit card charge revocation. In these cases, students MUST reconcile any outstanding balances, including any late charges, bank charges, etc. incurred by North County DanceArts, Inc. due to such incidents within a five (5) day period from time of incident reporting by financial institution.
Annual Registration/Insurance fees are charged per student and are due upon initial enrollment and each year in January. Annual Registration/Insurance Fees are due in January for all students registered in classes prior to October 1st and all new students registering after January 1st.
All student account holders are required to have and maintain a working credit card on file. Account holder grants permission to North County DanceArts, Inc to charge any balances due on account to the card on file due to default on the part of the account holder of the conditions of this dance contract, including early termination without proper notification as outlined in this contract.
Our weekday morning adult students may elect to pay “by the class” (only in open adult classes scheduled for Monday through Friday mornings with exception to classes that may “close”). By paying “by the class” you are not making a monthly commitment to classes and are free of the worries of “make-up” classes and studio closures. Adult students that elect to pay “by the class “for these morning open classes may not attend any other classes on a “by the class” basis. For all classes, except for the adult open classes noted above, students must be “registered” and pay per North County DanceArts, Inc.’s Tuition Policies and Rates.
General Policy Statements
- All students must sign in before taking class.
- Please arrive early. In respect to other students, to avoid disruption of the class, students arriving more than ten minutes late may be refused admittance to the class.
- No refunds.
- Non-continuing students MUST notify the office in writing in the form of NCDA’s Notice of Termination Form. Notification MUST be received by NCDA no less than 30 days prior to the 28th day of any calendar month and before the last quarter (May-July) of our dance year, thereby releasing the student from further tuition obligations. Students shall be responsible for the balance of the annual tuition if discontinuing services in the last quarter (May-July) of the NCDA dance year. No exceptions will be made.
- In the case of only a single student in attendance of a regularly scheduled class; the instructor may choose to instruct a 30-minute private lesson in lieu of the regularly scheduled length of class (designed for more than one student).
- NCDA adheres to a NO CELL PHONE Policy. Students attending class MUST turn off and put away all cell phones and electronic devices while participating in class. This includes all rest/water breaks. Students that are tardy to class or leave class to use a cell phone or other electronic device during class without the explicit consent of the Instructor will be removed from class immediately.
- Participation in studio classes is at the sole discretion of North County DanceArts, Inc. North County DanceArts, Inc. reserves the right to refuse services or merchandise to anyone, at any time, for any reason.
To maintain the highest level of dance instruction, it sometimes becomes necessary to limit the number of students per class or “close” the class. This means that any student not in current and consistent attendance in that class prior to the “closed” status may not be able to participate until space becomes available.
IMPORTANT: Students attending a “closed” class must be registered for that class and maintain monthly tuition payments for that class. If you wish to preserve your spot in that class, monthly tuition must continue to be paid – even if you do not attend.
- Intermediate and Advanced Jazz students MUST be enrolled in one (1) NCDA BALLET class per week and be in consistent attendance
- Ballet students receiving instruction in pre-pointe or pointe MUST participate in two (2) hours of a NCDA ballet technique and one (1) hour of a NCDA pre-point or pointe classes per week. Attendance in a Pre-Pointe or Pointe class MUST be proceeded by one (1) hour of a NCDA technique class of the same level.
- Advanced Jazz students MUST be enrolled in two (2) hours of NCDA Advanced Jazz technique and one (1) hour NCDA Advanced Turns & Leaps technique as well as pre-prescribed one (1) hour ballet technique class per week.
- Contemporary dance levels are based on the students evaluated NCDA jazz level. Contemporary students must have recent 12-month ballet or jazz instruction prior to registration and must be enrolled in one (1) NCDA Turns & Leaps, NCDA Jazz technique or NCDA ballet technique class of appropriate level per week.
- Lyrical dance students must have recent 12-month ballet or jazz instruction prior to registration and must be enrolled in one (1) NCDA ballet technique of appropriate level per week.
- Tap 2 level and above students MUST be enrolled in one (1) hour of NCDA Jazz Turns & Leaps or one (1) hour of NCDA Jazz technique per week.
- Advancement is determined by the student’s instructor. He or she has specific criteria that need to be met prior to a student being promoted.
North County DanceArts and its staff and instructors reserve the right to remove any individual from a dance class or the studio premises if that individual’s behavior is disruptive and not conducive to the learning atmosphere of the studio.
Studio Dress Code
- No baggy sweatshirts or t-shirts after warm-up.
- Hair for all classes must be pulled away from the face and secured.
- Hair must be in a bun for ALL BALLET AND JAZZ classes.
Pre-Dance (Girls) attire
- Pink Leotards
- Pink Tights
- Hair pulled away from face
- Pink Ballet Shoes/Black Tap Shoes
Pre-Dance (Boys) attire
- Black Dance Pants/Shorts
- White shirt
- Black Tap Shoes/Black Ballet Slippers
- White socks
Girls/Women Ballet I, II & III attire
- Black Leotards
- Pink Tights
- Hair in neat Ballet Bun
- Pink Ballet Shoes
- Pointe shoes
Men & Boys Ballet & Jazz attire
- Black Dance Pants/Tights
- White Shirt
- Black Ballet Shoes
- Leotard/Tights, any color or print, capris, body fitting t-shirt – any style, jazz shoes/any style, hair in a neat ballet bun.
- Any color or print, any style
- Tap Shoes (Check with instructor prior to purchase for shoe and tap specifications)
Hip – Hop
Comfortable clothing, sneakers (t-shirts with messages that are gang related, ethnically, religiously or racially derogative in nature are unacceptable for dance class. The acceptability of all logos, messages or slogans are at the sole discretion of NCDA directors, staff and/or instructors. Anyone wearing unacceptable forms of clothing will be asked to leave the studio premises immediately) Thank you for your cooperation. We feel this will enhance our dance program and give each dancer a sense of pride and organization to be the best dancer he/she can possibly be.
Class observation in the studio is permitted only on the last class of the month. During the month, feel free to watch the class from outside or from the lobby.
An annual recital will be given and all students are invited to participate. It is not mandatory and a minimal recital fee per participant is charged. All registered students participating in the annual recital must be current in annual tuition (September through July) prior to ticket sales. Any student not current in tuition for the referenced dance year will not be able to participate in the recital, regardless of any costs incurred by student, including but not limited to, recital fees, costume fees, photographs etc
All media, in any form, of students of North County DanceArts, Inc. during class work or performance is the sole property of North County DanceArts, Inc. North County DanceArts, Inc. reserves the right to publish in any format and use for any purposes including but not limited to the name, affiliation, photographs, video footage and audio recordings of any student or performer for advertising and promotions.
North County DanceArts will be closed on major holidays:
- July 4th, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day.
- We will also take Winter Break from late December through first week of January and a Summer Break in August.
- All other closures will be posted well in advance.
- Holiday schedule is subject to change. See NCDA’s “Important Dates to Remember” for more information.
Classes may be made up within thirty days of a missed class, but may not be applied to future tuition or transferred to another student. Missed classes may be made up in any dance class of any discipline – ballet, tap, jazz, hip-hop, pre-dance – as long as the student stays within his/her level.
Since North County DanceArts provides a monthly tuition plan in an effort to provide the student the opportunity to dance at a discounted cost, we do not guarantee that make-up classes in any one discipline will be available. It is the student’s responsibility to account for time away from dance such as leaves, vacations, work schedules, etc.
Illness or Injury
North County DanceArts provides ‘freezing’ of accounts for students with injuries or illness that require an extended recovery. Any student sustaining an injury or illness that removes them from their regular schedule of classes for an extended period may opt to ‘freeze’ their account (for time periods more than 30 days – not to exceed 90 days). To freeze an account due to injury or illness, the student upon onset of injury or illness and first consultation with a physician must submit a physician’s excuse, that includes the full name of the attending physician, contact information, diagnosis of injury or illness, date of removal from all activities as well as a projected return date to all activities. A fee of $25.00 per month/per student will be assessed to freeze the account and the account must have a credit card set up on file for auto-payment. Should the credit card on file be declined when billing for the freeze fee, the account reverts back to regular tuition monthly installments and the freeze is lifted. NCDA will not ‘re-freeze’ an account due to non-payment of the freeze fee. Upon return to classes, students must submit a physician’s release, stating that the student can return to all activities without conditions. Submissions of physician’s excuses after the fact are not accepted. North County DanceArts reserves the right to determine if the excused injury falls into the ‘normal’ time frame of ‘more than 30 days recovery’ and the right to make a final determination of eligibility to ‘freeze’ any account based on historical references and the physician’s note. North County DanceArts is under no obligation to refund or credit any tuition paid due to the student’s lack to comply with the North County DanceArts’ Injury Policy.
North County DanceArts is not responsible for injuries or for any child left before or after class. Please pick up your child promptly!
For other important Tuition policies please refer to North County DanceArts’ Pricing and Tuition Policies web page.